Sometimes, the mostly-backless linen jacket is a useful piece of safety equipment. Also, I have no recollection of ever having used a specialized tool to strip wire before.
I think I need to do the 24-hour book project I was going to do in 2006. (It would be project number two that I have finally gotten back to.)
I need to turn this:
You’d think it wouldn’t be so hard, but packaging is the hardest part. For me. So I’m missing a couple of steps between this and my vision for the final product. What else is new? (And I have to do some research on how to seal marbled sheets so they can take the rubbing associated with being covers…at least the suminagashi paper ought to be ok as is.)
I started another textile project last night, while watching truly awful television. (Sadly, not the Korean epic of Queen Seondeok. I need to actually pay attention to the subtitles. Maybe I should just learn Korean. (This is not as ridiculous as it seems: I am reading a book which makes me think I need to learn Korean, Chinese, and maybe a couple of other languages so I can do research on early metal type. Apparently the book I need to look at is in France, and it’s called Jikji. I’m not necessarily concerned with its content (although I’m sure it’s fascinating; it’s historical): but it’s the earliest surviving book printed with metal movable type. (Except that learning to read 14th century Korean probably wouldn’t help with watching modern television.))